Holistic Life Teachings has been founded by Sifu Joan Browne to spread the profound art of Shaolin Chi Kung for Physical and Mental Wellness and Wellbeing. It was formerly Shaolin Wahnam Ireland.
She has been teaching for almost 20 years and trained by one of the world’s most renowned Shaolin Grandmasters – Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.
A weekend course on Shaolin Chi Kung for Beginners will take place on
Date: January 25th and 26th 2020
Time: 9.30am -4.30pm
Venue: The Killarney Plaza and Spa hotel, Main Street, Killarney.
Course: Participants will learn The Eight Brocades as taught in The Shaolin Temple by Bodhidharma. These eight exercises practiced in a meditative state with chi flow have helped many people overcome stress, burnout, chronic pain and illness as well as enjoying a more relaxed state of mind on a daily basis. They also help promote good health in those already healthy as well as longevity and Spiritual joy.
Course Fee: €350.00 ( a €100.00 deposit is required before December 15th 2019.)
Please note: The course fee includes: 2 day course, handouts, lunch and personalized training programme.
How to Book: Please email Sifu Joan at email@example.com showing your interest in the course, she will then send you the necessary details to book the weekend course or deposit via bank transfer or paypal.
WEEKLY COURSE: KILLARNEY, CO KERRY
An 8 week course will commence on Thursday 19th January 2020
Venue: The Brehon hotel, Muckross road, Killarney
Time: 6.30pm -7.30pm
Fee: €180.00 ( €50.00 deposit paid before January 15th 2020).
Course: First 8 of Eighteen Jewels Set for Attaining Good Health.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book this course.
What is Chi Kung?
Shaolin Chi Kung is an ancient Chinese art based on meditative form and energy flow, practiced for good health, increased energy, mental clarity and spiritual development. It was taught in the Shaolin Temple by Bodhidharma to the monks for good physical and mental health and strength.
It can help in overcoming many illnesses that are considered ‘incurable’ from a Western perspective, especially chronic illness and chronic pain as well as burn out.
It benefits flexibility and also helps connect body and mind in a world where the feeling of disconnection is all too common.
It helps individuals attain a deep sense of relaxation and inner peace, attain physical and mental strength and helps attain good health in the most natural way possible (from inside out).
Shaolin Chi Kung gets to the root cause of a problem or issue whether physical, mental, emotional, stress or burn out.
- From the first class/consultation you will feel more relaxed and peaceful.
- You will learn techniques from the ancient Chinese art of Shaolin Chi Kung. Sifu Joan is highly trained in Shaolin and Taoist Chi Kung.
- You will learn how to circulate energy around the meridian system of the body, which helps heal an individual holistically- Body, Mind and Spirit. The whole idea is that you learn how to do this for yourself. Most Chi Kung schools teach relaxed Chi Kung exercises but this is not the whole picture. Chi Flow is needed to overcome chronic pain and illness as well as other issues.
- You will learn how to deal with chronic pain and chronic illness on various courses.
- You will learn how to overcome stress and burnout, gain physical and mental strength and stay calm in stressful situations.
- You will learn how to take care of yourself on a daily basis with as little as 15 minutes practice once or twice a day.
- You will have the opportunity to learn more and deepen your skills on different courses with Sifu Joan.
- The courses/workshops may also include The Gift of Gratitude, Forgiving ourselves and others as well as Self Appreciation.
- Here is her story: http://chikung.ie/sifu-joans-story/
For personal family reasons, Sifu Joan is only working part time at present but please feel free to email her if you, your group or company need high level training for physical/mental wellbeing or to speak to your group on attaining good health through Shaolin Chi Kung and Tai Chi Chuan.
If you would like Sifu Joan to speak to your group or organization on the physical and mental health benefits of Shaolin Chi Kung practice please email email@example.com with heading: ‘How Shaolin Chi Kung can benefit physical, mental, spiritual health, wellbeing and a good work/life balance’
Sifu Joan Browne has trained with Shaolin Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit for almost 20 years. She deeply appreciates the techniques and skills she has learned for healing and personal development through the beautiful arts of Shaolin Chi Kung and Tai Chi Chuan. She is a genuine Shaolin Chi Kung Master.
She specializes in Shaolin Chi Kung, The Gift of Gratitude, Forgiveness and Self Appreciation as well as Tai Chi Chuan for self defence. She is also a Louise Hay Teacher of ‘You can Heal your Life’ a Psychiatric nurse and Public speaker.
Please contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings or further information.
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit’s homepage www.shaolin.org
Sifu Joan has been interviewed on OpenHouse on RTE 1 in 2006 and more recently- January 2018- on Radio Kerry. Here is the podcast link to Radio Kerry’s interview https://www.radiokerry.ie/joan-browne-ancient-art-chi-kung/
Also interviewed by Patrica Messenger from Cork 103. Interview begins at 1.28.56 so scroll to that marker.