This is a sister site of www.smilefromtheheart.ie
Shaolin Wahnam Ireland was founded by Sifu Joan to help spread the Shaolin Arts to deserving students in her home country after she overcame a serious back and neck injury by practicing Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung, taught to her in Malaysia by the Grandmaster in January 2000. You can read her story below. She is also the Chief Instructor in Ireland and has helped hundreds of individuals overcome chronic and degenerative illness here in Ireland. She has also taught internationally in London, Manchester, Tel Aviv and Tokyo. Sifu Joan’s expertise are in Shaolin Chi Kung teaching and healing as well as Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan.
Make 2018 the year you Change your Life
Join the journey from ‘Illness to Wellness’
The Chronic Pain and Illness Holistic Recovery Programme 2018-2019
Courses run from September 2018 in Dublin and Killarney
A NEW 6 WEEK COURSE WILL ALSO BEGIN IN KILLARNEY ON 20TH SEPTEMBER 2018
HOW TO DEAL WITH STRESS AND BURNOUT AND LIVE A MORE RELAXED, FULFILLED LIFE IN FLOW
FEE: €300.00 10% REDUCTION before 15 September (€270.00)
Email email@example.com for acceptance on any course
Overview for the year long course September 2018- September 2019:
Join us for a year-long journey on medical Shaolin Chi Kung to help you deal with pain, illness, stress, increase agility, relaxation and inner strength as well as feeling connection, a deep sense of inner peace and empowerment in daily life and work. Students also sleep better at night as well as have more energy for work and play.
1) Each individual student will be able to practice competently on their own after the course.
2) Each individual student will have a clear understanding and personal experience of what genuine Chi Kung is.
3) Each individual student will have the techniques and skills to attain good health, vitality, agility, deep relaxation, inner strength as well as a deep sense of peace and connection in work and daily life.
1) To be able to deeply relax instantly
2) To enter a Chi Kung state of mind (meditative state)
3) To tap energy from the Cosmos
4) To be able to generate an internal energy flow
5) To massage all the internal organs with chi or energy
6) To attain Unity of Form, Energy and Mind
7) To learn techniques and deepen skills for good health, mental clarity, vitality, flexibility, longevity and spiritual joy.
These are only some of the so called ‘incurable’ diseases or ailments that daily practice of Chi Kung can overcome:
- chronic back pain,
- rheumatoid arthritis,
- cardiovascular disorders,
- bodily pains,
Classes are once a week for 52 weeks plus Two Intensive Weekends.
- Module 1- Attaining Good Health, Relaxation and Energy Flow -Prevention & Cure: 18 Lohan hands Shaolin Chi Kung set and 18 Jewels Chi Kung set.
- Module 2 – Increasing Agility/Flexibility and Dealing with Negative Emotions – The Art of Flexibility and Massaging Internal Organs e.g Lungs (Sadness, Grief and Depression), Kidneys (Fear), Liver (Anger), Stomach (Anxiety) and Spleen (Worry/stress).
- Module 3- Internal Force Training – Empowerment and Inner strength as well as Peak performance and Efficiency: Pushing Mountains, Lifting Water and Horse Stance.
- Module 4- Developing Spiritual Joy- A deep sense of Inner peace and Connection- Cosmic Shower and Zen.
Intensive Weekends: To be announced
Chi Kung not only helps overcome health problems like chronic pain and degenerative conditions, it enhances vitality, mental focus and allows students to remain calm in times of stress. It is a wonderful way to relax, to sleep better at night, regain the zest for life and attain spiritual fulfilment.
Dear Sifu, I had raised levels of one of the hormones produced by the pituitary gland in the brain (prolactine). It has been raised since my thyroid problems started. I have to do blood tests every six months to check the levels of that hormone because if it grows too high there might be a risk of brain tumour. It is now level!
After brain surgery 3 years ago I felt so disconnected from myself…now I feel like myself again and am so happy.
I did your weekend course earlier in the year and boy have i seen a major difference since then ……… for the better of course. I haven’t a pain or an ache and am smiling from the heart. God Bless you.
Pain in neck and shoulders
Hi Sifu Joan, just a quick word to thank you for a wonderful weekend of chi and laughter. Exercises are going well and feeling a lot more energetic. Pain in neck & shoulders reduced by 90% Many thanks and no doubt you will see me again still buzzing.
Shaolin Chi Kung originated in the Shaolin Temple in China when Bodhidharma taught it to the monks
Sifu Joan founded Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
The year you change your life!
The Ten Shaolin Laws
The Ten Shaolin Laws are moral laws aimed at helping the student in their personal and spiritual development. It is a requirement of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute that prospective students agree to abide by these guidelines before taking a course. They are not forced upon the student, the student accepts them because they choose to and because they believe they are helpful to them in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual development. If they break the Ten Shaolin Laws, despite sufficient warnings, they may be asked to leave the Shaolin training, not as a punishment, but because the training is not suitable for them.
- Required to respect the Master, honour the Moral way and Love fellow disciples as brothers and sisters.
- Required to train the Shaolin Arts diligently, and as a pre-requisite be physically and mentally healthy.
- Required to be filial to parents, be respectful to the elderly, and protective of the young.
- Required to uphold righteousness, and be both wise and courageous.
- Forbidden to be ungrateful and unscrupulous, ignoring the Laws of man and heaven.
- Forbidden to rape, molest, do evil, steal, rob, abduct or cheat.
- Forbidden to associate with wicked people, forbidden to any sorts of wickedness.
- Forbidden to abuse power, be it official or physical, forbidden to oppress the good and bully the kind.
- Obliged to be humane, compassionate and spread love, and to realize everlasting peace and happiness for all people
- Obliged to be chivalrous and generous, to nurture talents and pass on the Shaolin arts to deserving disciples
Want to know more?
See our Frequently Asked Questions section:
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit- Killarney, Ireland 2019
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit is a world renowned Shaolin Grandmaster 4th generation successor of Venerable Jiang Nan from the famous Shaolin Monastery in China. He received the ‘ Chi Kung Master of the Year’ award during the second world congress on Chi Kung held in San Francisco in 1997. He has practiced and taught the Shaolin arts for more than 3 decades and has more than 60,000 students all over the world. He is also the author of several books on the Shaolin arts- Shaolin Chi Kung, Shaolin Kungfu and Zen – as well as Buddhism.
He visits Ireland each year and next year 2019 will be no exception. Dates and courses are being finalized at present but the usual date is mid to end of February. Courses presented are from beginners to advanced in Shaolin Chi Kung. More advanced students for Shaolin Kungfu/Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan.