The Ten Shaolin Laws are moral laws aimed at helping the student in his/her personal and spiritual development. It is a requirement of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute that prospective students agree to abide by these guidelines before taking a course. They are not forced upon the student, the student accepts them because he chooses to and because he believes they are helpful to him/her in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual development. If he/she breaks the Ten Shaolin Laws, despite sufficient warnings, he/she may be asked to leave the Shaolin training, not as a punishment, but because the training is not suitable for him/her.
- Required to respect the Master, honour the Moral way and Love fellow disciples as brothers and sisters.
- Required to train the Shaolin Arts diligently, and as a pre-requisite be physically and mentally healthy.
- Required to be filial to parents, be respectful to the elderly, and protective of the young.
- Required to uphold righteousness, and be both wise and courageous.
- Forbidden to be ungrateful and unscrupulous, ignoring the Laws of man and heaven.
- Forbidden to rape, molest, do evil, steal, rob, abduct or cheat.
- Forbidden to associate with wicked people, forbidden to any sorts of wickedness.
- Forbidden to abuse power, be it official or physical, forbidden to oppress the good and bully the kind.
- Obliged to be humane, compassionate and spread love, and to realize everlasting peace and happiness for all people
- Obliged to be chivalrous and generous, to nurture talents and pass on the Shaolin arts to deserving disciples
All courses are satisfaction guaranteed. If at the end of any course you feel the aims and objectives have not been met, you may request a return of your full fee. Please this applies to the end of the course only -not the middle or a few months later.